The 3rd call for candidates for academic year 2017/2018 is open since mid of October 2016!!!
Deadline for applications to 3rd cohort will be the 6th January 2017!
You can apply here: https://www.alfabet-em.cz/login/
Who can apply?
- Target group 1: individuals registered in one of the universities that is a member of the Partnership (see List of the Partners https://www.alfabet-em.cz/project-partners/)
- Target group 2: nationals of the third countries concerned by the geographical lot and currently not registered in one of these countries partner universities (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Target group 3: nationals of the third countries concerned by the geographical lot who are in particularly vulnerable situations: refugees, asylum seekers, indigenous population, unduly excluded for various reasons (racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination) (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam)
When to apply?
Exchanges starting in three cohorts:
- 2016/2017 (mobilities at BSc, MSc, PhD, PostDoc and staff)
- 2017/2018 (short term mobilities up to 10 months) – call will be open in October 2016
- Step 1: please complete the application form available on the website and submit it with all documents requested as enclosure by January 2017 in the page "Time to go".
- Step 2: In case your written application was ranked among the best applications received, you will be invited to a personal interview that will take place in the Asian countries (for Asian students) and in Europe (for European students) during January - February 2017. The dates of interviews will be specified.
- Step 3: In case the interview results are positive, you will be informed by April 2017 about the final host institution for your mobility. In case your application could not be accepted, you will be informed by the end April 2017 at latest.
- Step 4: Selected students have to firstly sign Declaration of honour of not having received an EM scholarship for the same purpose. Then they will start to apply for visa in May 2017 and mobility will start generally in August/September 2017 according to the schedule at respective EU university.
- Application form (see below the form)
- CV (see below the model of Europass CV)
- Evidence of Academic Achievements / Transcript of records
- Language proficiency
- Motivation Letter
- Recommendation letter (just 1 letter is needed!)
- Passport copy
- Research Proposal (PhD and Post doc candidates only):
- There are two options:
- You already have your supervisor on selected European university – Research Proposal can be formulated as a specific research topic supported by the Recommendation letter from future supervisor at the hosting university.
- You do not have a supervisor yet: You need to describe your background, field/s of study and methods you are familiar with skills and experiences relevant to the PhD research, and which field of research you would like to focus on.
- There are two options:
- Teaching Proposal (Teaching staff only; template available at the bottom of this page)
Neither European nor third-country students can benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobility under another project under the EMA2-STRAND1. Furthermore, candidates cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
Mobility flows for students and staff between the European or between third-country institutions involved in the partnership are not eligible!
To be eligible, third-country undergraduate and master students as well as doctoral and post-doctoral candidates, referred as "third-country students":
- Must be a national of one of the third countries covered by the relevant lot;
- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries;
- For target group 1 (TGI): students need to be registered at one of the third-country HEIs within the partnership. Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution;
- For target group 2 (TGII): students need either to be registered in a HEI (not included in the partnership) of the third country concerned by the lot or having obtained a university degree or equivalent by an institution of these third countries. They will need to justify how this study period abroad will benefit them (and their direct socio-economical environment) and include letters of support in their individual application;
- For target group 3 (TGIII): students need to be nationals of one of the third countries concerned by the lot and be part of the vulnerable target groups.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
In order to be eligible, academic and administrative staff hereafter referred as "staff":
- Must be a national of one of the eligible countries;
- Must work in or be associated to an HEI within the partnership;
- The mobility assignments must be based on partnership agreements between the members of the partnership;
- The home and host universities and the individual staff must agree on the programme of lectures to be delivered by the visiting staff, on the research activities or on the type of training to be followed;
- The mobility may constitute a post-per-post exchange or a one-way visitor flow to or from a third country.
To be eligible, European undergraduate and master students as well as doctorate and post-doctorate candidates, referred as "European students":
Must be a national of one of the eligible European countries;
- For Target Group 1 (TGI): students need to be registered at one of the European countries HEIs within the partnership at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution;
- For Target Group 2 (TGII): Not open in this project!
For target group 3 (TGIII): Not open in this project!
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries (English knowledge is requested)
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies at first higher education level.